Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our Snowy Tuesday

The family and I sat around on Monday night patiently waiting for the snow to come. It was the biggest story on every local news channel - the Big Snow of 2009. The kids were of course looking forward to it so that school would be cancelled and so they could have a little snow fun! Bedtime came for the kids - still no sight of snow. I sent them on to bed and promised that if I saw any snow I would wake them up. Finally around 1 a.m. we started see a few flakes. I rushed off to the kids rooms to wake them up. By that time, my daughter didn't care what was falling from the sky but my son woke up and was so excited. Well, as excited as you could be to be just woke up!

We finally made it off to bed. The next morning, we looked out and this is what we saw . . .This was the view from our front porch. If course, school was cancelled and both my husband and I had the day off due to the weather. I know, a lot of you have much more than this and still go to work but here, everything shuts down with a little snow! My husband and kids took a trip into a local town to run a few errands. My daughter took a few more pictures with her new phone she received for Christmas.



Isn't it beautiful! It snowed on and off all morning on Tuesday but by the afternoon, it was all gone. By the evening it had started melting and there were only a few signs that we had snow at all! At least we had one day I guess!

13 friends had to say:

Rhonda said...

What great pictures. What's that saying about snow coming on cat's paws.
Take care.

basketsnprims said...

Oh, I wish I could send you some snow from Michigan. We have way more than we need. Pretty pics you shot.

Pam

Barb said...

When it snows here everything shuts down also. I keep hoping we will have a little this year....Barb

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so glad you got some snow. You can have some of ours!! I'd be happy to send it Priority!
hugs, Linda

Pam B said...

Sure hope it's not the only snow we get this year! LOL

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Very pretty! We are hoping to get snow this year too! It's been quite awhile around here.
Have a great week!

Michele said...

Your pictures are beautiful but, I'm so over the snow and cold. If you'd like we have lots to spare!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

our state is the same way..a foot print of snow and we have closed everything down...glad you had at least one day of fun in the snow..:)

Farmchick said...

I always think that is so funny when I hear other states shutting down because they have an inch of snow!! I know though if you aren't used to it and you probably aren't equipped for it either. We still have school unless it's a full blown blizzard--we have had three days off from school though this year due to snow and the -50 below windchill!! Glad you got your much wanted snow!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures of the snow you got are very pretty. We had about 6 inches on the ground, but it warmed up the last few days and it is melting. They are saying we might get some more next week. It's ok with me as long as we don't get any ice.
Have a great weekend.
Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! that snow looks great because we never get very much:) take care Kim

Cathy said...

How beautiful!!!!! We have never got snow like that here in Texas! Hope you have had a great week!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures.
That is so awesome you have a new shop in town. WE used to have a fantastic quilt shop about 20 mins from here, it was so prim too. The had wools and sold kits for rugs. They closed down a few years ago. I sure do miss that shop.