Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

I came home from work on Wednesday and decided that it was time for the Christmas decorations to be put away. After the kids and I ate dinner we got right to work. They were such troopers...they were putting things away in the attic as I was busy packing the boxes and containers. Of course, everything has to be packed with care so that is usually my job. We worked until well after 10 pm but finally had it all put away! Whew!

Once that was done, I felt things looked a bit bare. Well, we can't have that can we? I then spent the next hour or so just moving things around and giving things a new home.

In September I was at a festival in Marshville and found this little gem in a ladies booth. I walked by and stared at it about a dozen times do the whole "do I NEED that....where am I going to PUT that.." but then I decided...what the heck. I have always loved the grapevine beehives and then said "but I WANT that" so as she was packing up her booth, I went back and bought it.
It sat in a corner for a while until I visited Beth at Olde Tyme Marketplace and picked up these cute lights with the brown cord. They were exactly what I needed! It's new home is in the dining room right beside the old white corner cabinet that my grandpa built 50 years ago. Love it!
Then as my mom and I were shopping a few weeks ago, I came across these cute little birds. They look old and chippy which is what makes them AWESOME! The look perfect sitting in the middle of the dining room table!
Then it hit me, I was gonna add more little birdies to the dining room. I went back to Olde Tyme Marketplace (can you tell I LOVE that store?) and picked up these oh so fabulous metal napkin holders with what else...Birds on them...
Finally, I moved this cute little hat that I bought years ago into the dining room. I reminds me of a hat my grandma used to wear so when I found one at a little shop made into a birdhouse, I just knew it was coming home with me! Well, that was a little tour of the dining room and all the little changes I made. Who knows what I will get into this weekend! I have started a mini bedroom makeover so...there is no telling what will get moved around for that!
Hope you all have a great New Years!
~Prim Blessings! Nicole ~

4 friends had to say:

Janet - underthewillow said...

Happy New Year Nicole!...thanks so much for stopping by my blog!...I love your chippy white birds and how they look with your lighted vine!...very cool!

Janet

Back in the Day said...

Thanks Janet! Happy New Year to you and your family also!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
I'm so happy that I found your post...Hope you and your family have been doing well.
I love your grapevine tree...I used to have a small one inside, but now I only have my big one that is outside on the porch.
Love the white chippy birds!! I have a thing for white birds...have several in my living room and dining room.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
~Cindy~

Earlene said...

Love twig trees! I want to get some new ones because you can use them for so many themes.