Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Visit to Anna's

This week, I had the opportunity to visit the home of one of my dear customers. Anna owns a salon in Charlotte but just bought a home in Waxhaw - just a few miles from the shop. I met her right after I opened. She was actually the first customer to sign the mailing list!
She stops in every week or so to see what new goodies I have picked up. At first, she would come in her small sports car - not having a lot of room for her purchases. The past month, everytime she comes, she drives the truck - and boy do we load it down! Last week she purchased an old Hoosier cabinet from me that I had just moved in to the shop. She was so excited and couldn't wait to get it home. I offered to deliver it to her so she wouldn't have to worry about getting it home. (My poor husband, I volunteer him for everything!) We decided that I would bring it over Tuesday evening. Her home is one of those that you pass all of the time, wondering what it looked like on the inside. The yard is beautiful, the porch looks cozy, but I wanted to go INSIDE!!!
Anna and her friend, Judy, were inside working hard on Fig Perserves when we got there so of course, everything smelled wonderful.
After we unloaded the truck and got the cabinet in its new home, I pulled out my handy dandy camera and snapped a few pictures so that I could share with all of you!

This is a picture of the Hoosier cabinet that she purchased from me. We painted it a beautiful Coral color which matched her decor perfectly and looked great against her walls! She said she couldn't wait to get it decorated. I will post more pictures when she gets it finished!

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this bathroom! It was gorgeous! The walls were a pale blue with white wainscotting. The light fixture was a beautiful chandelier and she had "bubbled" glass windows on each wall. I have never been amazed at a bathroom before!
This was another beautiful chandelier that she had hanging in her stairwell.

Look at this great old farm table! She has several wooden school chairs too!
Antique brass bed -the quilt folded at the bottom came from my shop too!

The bed, above, is her favorite Flea Market find - she picked it up at Habitat for Humanity! The antique chest sits at the foot of her bed.
Beautiful framed hooked rug and Anna's collection of blue plates

Love the Rooster wall art!
The cabinets are original - she just refinished and stained. I love the old scale on the counter!
This is an old pewter table lamp that was changed to a light fixture! She got this one at Habitat for Humanity for $25!
This is the batch of Fig Perserves they were working on! Doesn't that just look so yummy! (Do you think they would notice one missing? lol)
The views from her home are beautiful. I will try to get back over when I have some day light left so I can take more pictures!
I am so grateful for the wonderful people that I have met at the store. Just like the saying "Enter as strangers, leave as friends" - that seems to be our moto. Maybe it is because of the small town shop and the laid back atmosphere. A lot of folks drop in just to say Hi, pet the dog (whenever I bring him!), or bring by their goodies from the Farmers Market. Either way, I have had the chance to get to know some amazing people. Anna is one of those - she has turned out to be a great friend whom I will always cherish!

4 friends had to say:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

How nice to make a friend who is also a god customer! Her home is charming and I enjoyed the tour. Thanks for sharing! :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sounds fun having your own store and meeting new people and making friends through it! I enjoyed my tour! Sure wish I lived close enough to stop in your shop!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to see where something from your shop goes! When my husband makes someone a piece of furniture, I love to go with him on deliveries to see the homes that the pieces go to.
Love the hoosier cupboard!!
Cindy

My Colonial Home said...

wow, such a loyal customer.
Everything looks wonderful.
Karen